All notable changes to Agastya will be documented in this file. These include changes to both plugins and major APIs.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog
and this project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
4.9.1 - 2019-08-14
- Card open/close tracking in vocabulary helper
- Increased shadow in cards in dyslexia-friendly mode
4.9.0 - 2019-08-13
- Dictionary hover cards in dyslexia-friendly mode
4.8.0 - 2019-08-10
- New typeface available, Inter
4.7.2 - 2019-08-09
- Updated “Powered by Agastya” text to logo
4.7.1 - 2019-08-08
- Updated link to information about Do Not Track
- Updated link to details for “What we track”
4.7.0 - 2019-08-07
- Read Aloud language/accent setting
- Translation featured languages setting
4.6.0 - 2019-08-06
- Ignore duplicate tracking requests in 1 second
- Use Tracking plugin to track SPA/PWA pageviews
- Remove on page change communication in SPA/PWAs
4.5.2 - 2019-08-05
- Change ID of Agastya script to prevent collision with v4.4
4.5.1 - 2019-08-05
- Fixed bug with Uptime Robot card
4.5.0 - 2019-08-05
- New language-based voices in Read Aloud
- Fixed bug with Read Aloud not working multiple times on the same page
- Significantly faster event tracking
4.4.0 - 2019-07-30
- Vocabulary helper mode to highlight difficult words
4.3.6 - 2019-07-26
4.3.5 - 2019-07-01
- Better internal caching of static files
4.3 - 2019-06-28
- Internal updating utility to Platform APIs
- Fix bug with Do Not Track and battery levels
4.2 - 2019-06-24
- Internal toolkit for faster deployments
- Updated deployment process to new servers
4.1.3 - 2019-06-13
- Support for landmark color customization
4.1.2 - 2019-06-06
- Better local storage for user customizations
4.1 - 2019-05-28
- Support for custom elements
- User customization (fonts, colors, etc.)
- Agastya App Store
- Support for Agastya Admin
- Brand new user interface for the plugin window
- More developer-friendly APIs and methods
- Event emitting and promise-based API
3.8.2 - 2019-02-13
- Better session key (now adds year/month with useragent and hashed IP)
3.8.1 - 2018-12-27
- Changed session and user agent unique keys
- Better EU detection for cookie law (specific countries not continent)
3.8.0 - 2018-12-14
- Built-in support for UTM parameters for tracking
3.7.2 - 2018-12-01
- Migrate database from InfluxDB to ElasticSearch
- Change infinite limit to 24-hour for geolocation caching
- Update tracking endpoint to
3.7.1 - 2018-11-26
- Update “Do not track” link to new usage guidelines
3.7.0 - 2018-11-10
- Switch between accessibility and chat icons when live chat is enabled
- Add built-in usage guidelines
- List user inteface for advanced options
3.6.0 - 2018-11-05
- Introducing support for Drift live chat
- Fixed iOS Safari iframe scrolling bug
3.5.3 - 2018-08-27
- Force black color for active read aloud text
3.5.2 - 2018-08-26
- Added link to Oswald Labs’ accessibility policy
- Fixed rounded corners for the plugin (force border-radius)
3.5.1 - 2018-08-01
- Link to learn how to turn Do Not Track on migrated to Oswald Labs Help website
- Preload “loading” image for faster-feeling UX on clicking the Agastya button
- Better read aloud panel design for mobile devices
3.5.0 - 2018-07-30
- Caching of user agent information and geolocation, so tracking after the first event will be much faster.
- Tracking endpoint changed after migrating from MariaDB to InfluxDB.
3.4.0 - 2018-07-30
- In dyslexia-friendly mode,
<i>’s font is inherited instead of being overwritten (for icon fonts.)
- Link to “Learn how to enable” under Do Not Track on the settings page.
3.3.0 - 2018-07-19
- Built-in plugin support for 50+ more languages with auto-detection.
- Native + fallback notifications to tell users when something is going on in the background.
- Instead of redirecting to form for GDPR requests, export and delete are added as part of plugin window.
3.2.0 - 2018-07-15
3.1.0 - 2018-06-30
3.0.1 - 2018-06-26
- Make plugin window smaller on mobile to reflect changes on the website in background.
3.0.0 - 2018-06-09
- Built-in support for multiple languages with auto-detection.
- CSS class modes like dyslexia-friendly mode and night mode now support custom classes.
- Option to change the primary color (header, button, etc.) for the plugin.
- EU support for GDPR and cookie law.
- Brand new user interface for the plugin window.
- Better support for single-page apps and progressive web apps.